Saving Lives, Saving Dollars
The Highway 55 coalition's mission is to secure right-of-way and related infrastructure improvements on the 40 mile segment of Highway 55 between I-494 in Plymouth to the western city limits of Annandale to increase safety, add capacity, add additional lanes, manage access control and add transit service where appropriate.
We invite you to get involved as every voice counts in our mission to improve the Highway 55 corridor by planning for the future. On our website you'll find various pages to educate you on the issues at hand, the goals of the coalition and the role you can play in shaping the outcome.
Settler’s Parkway @ Hwy 55/CSAH 34 in Buffalo
See Attached Layout of Project Here
Purpose and Benefits
The project eliminates a dangerous un-signalized skewed intersection at Trunk Highway 55 and County Road 147. The new roadway called Settlers Parkway provides a critical connection between Trunk Highways 25 and 55 in the south part of Buffalo providing motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists a safe, quick and efficient route between Trunk Highways. The project alleviates some of the congestion and delays at the TH 25 / TH 55 intersection.
- New two lane City of Buffalo collector roadway with turn lanes, multi-use trail and lighting connecting TH 25 and TH 55
- Turn lanes and signal modifications on TH 55 to accommodate Settlers Parkway
- Roundabout construction on TH 25 at the new Settlers Parkway intersection along with 1500 feet of TH 25 reconstruction
- Street lighting, ADA improvements, trail connections, stormwater ponding and re-use
- New railroad crossing with gates and signals across the street and trail and quiet zone medians to improve safety
- Closure of existing County Road 147 and TH 55 intersection
View this video to further explain this project